Here are a few of the foods which could aid you in getting a good night’s sleep.
Sweet Dream Sweet Potato Recipe
- 4 medium-sized yams
- 6tablespoons unsalted butter (3/4 stick), at room temperature
- ¼cup well-stirred tahini
- 2 to 3tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, plus lime wedges, for serving
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or tamari
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated or pounded smooth with a pinch of salt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- Flaky sea salt, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wash thoroughly the skin and prick a few holes with a fork. Roast yams until tender about 45 minutes depending on your oven temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk butter, tahini, lime juice, coconut, sesame oil, and ginger until smooth. Keep stirring! It may seem as if the ingredients aren’t combining but don’t give up. Taste, and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper with more lime juice as needed.
- When the sweet potatoes are tender, use tongs to transfer them to a large plate or platter. When they are just cool enough to handle, split potatoes in half lengthwise, and season with flaky salt. Spread tahini butter generously onto the flesh, and top with sesame seeds. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
Roasted Sweet Potato with Sautéed Kale and Chickpea
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb. dinosaur kale, tough stems removed, leaves and tender
stems coarsely shredded
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
- ½ fresh lemon juice and zest of lemon
Dinosaur kale, also known as Lacinato kale, has slender, blue-green crimped leaves and a mild cabbagelike taste. Calcium can help you produce sleep hormones and leafy greens such as kale are great sources of calcium.
Chickpeas. These also contain B6 to help with melatonin and serotonin production; they are a great vegetarian source of melatonin
Sesame seeds are rich in amino acid Tryptophan. Tryptophan is used by the brain to produce neurotransmitters Serotonin and Melatonin that help you relax and go to sleep.
Sweet potatoes are a sleeper’s dream. Not only do they provide sleep-promoting complex carbohydrates, but they also contain that muscle-relaxant potassium.
In a large frypan over medium-low heat, warm the garlic in the olive oil, stirring often, until softened but not browned, about 7 minutes. Place about half of the kale in the pan. Cover and let wilt for about 2 minutes, then uncover the pan and add the remaining kale. Using tongs, turn the greens to coat with the olive oil and garlic. Cover the pan and cook until the kale is tender 15 to 20 minutes.
Uncover the pan and stir in the chickpeas, chili, and salt. Increase the heat to medium and sauté until the chickpeas are heated through about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Hello Palate Smoked Salmon Red Boat Jasmine Rice Bites
Good quality smoked salmon
Cooked Jasmine Rice
Red Boat Fish Sauce
Salmon contains tryptophan and jasmine rice has been proven to shorten the amount of time it takes to get to sleep so coupling these two together in a meal is likely to give you a good night’s sleep.