I like to guide clients towards real food snacking. I recommend Crucial Four MBreakfast blend for a nourishing blend of adaptogens and essential nutrients.
Is their Value in Adaptogens?
Adaptogens are being sold as a cure-all for anxiety, remedy weight loss, improved focus, skincare needs even to replace the needs for some prescription medications.
“While adaptogens have been in use for a long time, they were first given a scientific definition by Dr. Israel Brekhman in the 1960s. He said adaptogens were natural, plant-based substances that:”
- Are nontoxic at normal doses for just about everyone (but one caveat can be found in common spices like nutmeg or licorice – which can be toxic)
- Produce a response in the body that helps it handle physical, emotional, or environmental stress. This eludes to their nonspecific nature in their actions. Adaptogens act like internal thermostats; one herb can adjust a specific imbalance, like either lowering a certain hormone or raising it. So they work on a variety of stressors, not just stress from a job.
- Have a normalizing effect on the body, balancing out processes like the immune system, hormones, etc. Let’s debunk the myth that normalizing doesn’t necessarily give you superhuman health. They are an important part of someone’s health, like a needed belt to hold up a pair of pants. They assist us in beneficial ways in times of periods of recovery and health challenges.
Enter Crucial Fours Mbreakfast
The truth is good intentions can lead to misinformation regarding health trends like adaptogens. For example, turmeric isn’t an adaptogen, nor is tocotrienols. It is beneficial to showcase Mbreakfast on Hello Palate due to its authenticity in delivering real goods and safety. Crucial Four’s Mbreakfast includes ashwagandha, Rhodiola, and cordyceps, and these are adaptogens found in this blend, along with other beneficial nutrients that are missing from our everyday eating habits. If you are new to adaptogens it can feel overwhelming to sort through the various herbs and how to apply them to your health goals. MBreakfast makes it easy for you to get value from one blend that can be used in many different applications and recipes.
Please enjoy the recipe below and contact Hello Palate for support in learning more about adaptogens and how to use them in your health journey safely and with the best outcomes.
Raspberry CHOCOLATE TAHINI TRUFFLES
- 1/4 nut butter of choice (I used tahini) @sooms
- One teaspoon coconut oil
- One tablespoon raw honey
- 1/4 cup crucial four mbreakfast
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 freeze-dried raspberries and extra for coating
- sesame seeds and extra raspberries for coating
- pinch sea salt @crucialfour Icelandic Sea Salt
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25268730/What Are Adaptogens and Why Are People Taking Them?http://time.com/5025278/adaptogens-herbs-stress-anxiety/
Effects of Adaptogens on the Central Nervous System and the Molecular Mechanisms Associated with Their Stress—Protective Activityhttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3991026/