Hello Palate’s Signature Smoothie
(For more beet recipes and the nutritional value read Don’t Skip a Beet)
- 1 small cleaned raw beet quartered
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 oz. cut pineapple
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Tsp. coconut oil or flaxseed oil
- optional 1 scoop plant based protein powder of choice
- Filtered Water to desired consistency
- Place all ingredients in a blender until desired consistency. Enjoy!
- Ice, coconut shavings, and frozen berry floaters to ‘“chew“ your smoothie is best for your overall digestive system.
Did you know juicing can spike blood sugar levels especially if you’re making them too sweet? Adding a healthy fat or protein will help even out the carbs keeping the blood sugar under control. Frozen berries remind us to chew our juices. Yep, chewing your juices and or shakes prepares your stomach for proper digestion.
Find out how to successfully detox by juicing carefully under the guidance of a nutritional therapist … Cheers!