THINGS TO KNOW
What Is Nutritional Therapy?
A Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (FNTP) is certified to practice by the Nutritional Therapy Association (NTA) in Olympia, Washington. The NTA education is based on the teachings of pioneering nutrition-focused doctors - Dr. Weston A. Price and Dr. Francis M. Pottenger, Jr., who led research on and then documented the findings of nutrition, food and its effects on modern society.
What Is It Not?
A Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (FNTP) does not treat or diagnose. We are not doctors trained to cure health problems. We recommend nutritional therapies and long term strategies for healthier living. FNTP's make client specific nutrition recommendations to restore balance and create optimal wellness within the body rather than diagnosing or treating specific diseases. As an FNTP, I help clients find solutions to living a healthy, more balanced and vibrant life. This isn’t about a “diet” of counting calories nor following a pre-specified format - it’s about creating a custom roadmap through nutritional therapies which will optimize a client's long term health.
What Is A Functional Evaluation?
A Functional Evaluation (FE) is a series of clinical assessment tools (pulse, blood pressure, PH, and more) to gather information and identify areas of functional deficiencies present in the body. It’s pain free utilizing a tenderness rating for each reflex and palpation point that allows an NTP to use the body to show where it’s experiencing distress and/or imbalance to customize and prioritize a nutritional plan.
The FE provides the practitioner pertinent information to address the nutritional needs of the client, assessing their biochemical individuality and tailoring a custom nutritional plan to sustain optimal health.
What Is Lingual-Neuro Testing?
Lingual-Neuro Testing (LNT) goes hand in hand with the Functional Evaluation (FE). It's a process that allows the practitioner to place a particular supplement, nutrient, or food on the client’s tongue to assess the neurological response of how the taste buds communicate with the brain and central nervous system. This allows the practitioner to retest tender reflex points and determine if the nutrient is beneficial to the client’s unique bio-individual chemistry.
With this information, the practitioner is able to plan, strategize, and implement customized nutritional protocols which will aid in the optimization of the clients overall wellness.
What is a Symptom Burden Graph?
Part of the Nutri-Q Evaluation. It shows the practitioner where the greatest symptoms are and what the body is saying needs attention. This is a working document with multiple steps over the course of the clients wellness journey. There is a first questionnaire and subsequent ones which assess the client's progress over time - helpful to both parties. The second is the Comparison Report. Typically 2 pages long, the first page lists the conditions ranked by score and the second page lists the nutritional deficiencies by score.
This helps determine the main issues Hello Palate is trying to address and the progress made to correct the issues over time. A reduction in points from first to last report is indicative of a decrease in the clients overall symptoms and ailments.
Which Health Conditions Can Nutritional Therapy Help With?
- Optimizing healthy energy levels.
- Supporting healthy weight.
- Optimizing a healthy endocrine system (e.g adrenal glands/system, thyroid gland and more).
- Promoting emotional and psychological well-being.
- Supporting a healthy immune system.
- Support for coping with the pressures of modern lifestyles.
- Supporting healthy female hormonal systems and life stages (e.g menstruation, menopause).
- Supporting healthy fertility and pregnancy.
- Optimizing gastrointestinal health to promote healthy digestion.
- Helping to promote tolerance to a wide range of foods or food groups.
- Supporting routes of elimination and detoxification (the colon, the kidneys & bladder, the lymphatic system, the liver and more).
What Are The Results Of Nutritional Therapy?
- Improved mindset in eating for health reducing the all in or all out mindset.
- Lower cholesterol levels safely and effectively with a holistic view and reducing prescribed medication.
- Increase energy that allows you to participate in your life, to show up for yourself, your friends, coworkers, and life.
- Fertility and pregnancy support through all phases of parent life.
- ADHD freedom from medication with holistic modalities.
- Digestive relief in GERD, to bloating and gas with real long lasting solutions.
For additional questions on specific therapies related to a condition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to introduce your palate to the taste of good health?
At Hello Palate, we're serving up our amuse-bouche monthly eblast - small tasty portions of the latest nutritional developments - just enough to delight your appetite without overwhelming your palate or inbox. Together, we will create a community of support based on ancestral ways of eating delicious, well‐prepared whole foods to delight, heal, and satisfy your body and mind.